I have a Company leased car. The driver salary is not taxable. To reimburse this, I need to submit driver salary receipt. What details should be mentioned in the receipt in addition to driver name, date, amount? Do I need to get the driver signed on revenue stamp?
I and my spouse had travelled from port blair to havelock on a boat as there is no other mode of transport available and submitted the necessary documents to claim LTA. However, the same was rejected stating that boat travel is not covered under LTA. Kindly clarify
For current LTA block of 2014-17, I have already claimed LTA for my travel in Aug’15 for the block 2014-15. Now, I am claiming for travel done in Oct’17 for the block 2016-17. My question is that can I claim total amount of the year 2016 & 2017 ? Example: Suppose, in 2016 I get LTA amount of Rs.20,000/- and in 2017 I get Rs.30,000/- So total amount I get is Rs.50,000/- (in 2016 + 2017) and my LTA claim is of Rs.40,000/- then am I eligible for full 40,000/- or only 30,000/- (amount I got in 2017 only) ?
Accounts department says”You had claimed LTA non taxable in 2017, then travel after 1st Jan 2017 would be considered as non taxable. We can’t approve bills of 2016 in 2017 for non taxable”. Is that right?
can a person with physically handicapped of 40 % claim u/s 80 u the disability occurred due to Saviour fire accident of bodily and one of the hand got contractual unable to do with that hand civil surgeon gave 40% disability certificate . Kindly give me suggestion can I claim exemption u/s 80 U
Hello, Need to understand whether service tax / GST amount is consider as a integral part of medical premium amount for tax exemption. I have received a validation report from my payroll department for the investment Proof Documents submission where they have given the remark that service tax/GST cannot be considered for claiming tax exemption under Chapter VI A – Deductions section 80/D. Could you please throw some light on this? Regards, Milind
I am a CG Employee in Armed Forces and living apart from my wife with dependent mother as my wife is a Haryana State Govt Employee. I have also taken House Building Loan from my Service Group Insurance Society. What are the admissibility conditions applicable to both of us for claiming HRA.
I have question related to LTA claims / exemption. Can I claim LTA in April’18 (next financial year 2018-19) for the travel done in February month(current financial year 2017-18) and get tax exemption for 2018-19 considering the fact that LTA block years are different from financial years.
1) Can EPF recognised in 1972 remain recognised if after 1973 , on advice from IT dept.copy of certificate to the effect that monies of the funds have been irrevocably transfered in the name of trustees has not been submitted ? 2) Copy of accounts of Provident Fund not been filed anually with Income Tax Officer in whose jurisdiction the PF Accounts are maintained ? if exemption certificate is not obtained from the respective IT Officer ?
Considering the restriction of withdrawal of only 60% max at age of 60 and buying annuity plan with remaining 40%. Should I opt for this just because of additional 50k rebate in tax calculation or it will fetch good return.
I have read through income tax sites that a person will be considered as NRI only if that person has been abroad for more than 182 days in a financial year. So I would like to know whether seaman has any relaxations on this minimum days needed to maintain NRI status.